Romilly Hodges, MS CNS CN IFMCP, holds a Master’s Degree in Functional Nutrition from the University of Bridgeport, CT, and is certified by the Institute for Functional Medicine, the Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists and the State of Connecticut.
Romilly is experienced in the implementation of many advanced nutritional protocols, including complex, multi-layered, and customized eating plans for adults, children and families. Her approach is firmly rooted in a love of good-tasting food, complemented by helping individuals find practical and enjoyable ways to reach their wellness potential.
One of her goals is to enhance the accessibility of Functional Medicine and Nutrition for the general population, and so in addition to her work with individuals she also mentors the next generation of Functional Nutritionists and co-manages the implementation of training programs for other new Functional Medicine practitioners.
Romilly is trained and certified through the Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM) and Board for the Certification of Nutrition Specialists (BCNS). She serves on the Board for the Accreditation Council for Nutrition Professional Education and is an approved supervisor for prospective CNS students seeking experience hours. Romilly has contributed to advancing professional understanding of food and health through various publications (below) and educational initiatives.
- Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner (IFMCP)
- Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS)
- Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist by the State of Connecticut
- Master of Science in Functional Nutrition from the University of Bridgeport, CT
- Board Member for the Accreditation Council for Nutrition Professional Education (ACNPE)
- BCNS-approved supervisor for CNS candidates seeking experience hours
- Lead author and researcher for Hodges, R. & Minich, D. Modulation of Metabolic Detoxification Pathways Using Food and Food-Derived Components: A Scientific Review with Clinical Application. Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism. June 2015
- Contributing author to Sinatra, S. & Houston, M. (eds). 2015. Nutritional and Integrative Strategies in Cardiovascular Medicine. ISBN 9781466572263
- Co-author of Fitzgerald KN, Hodges R. (2016). Methylation Diet and Lifestyle. (n.p).
- Contributing author to the American Nutrition Association Foundational Ketogenic Nutrition and Certified Ketogenic Nutrition Specialist courses
- Teaching Assistant, Certified Food and Spirit Practitioner Program, Food and Spirit Advanced Detoxification Module with Dr. Deanna Minich PhD