For more than 15 years, Dr. Litwin has enjoyed helping the most challenging patients with complex chronic and acute medical issues using traditional medicine skills learned from his training at the Hahnemann University School of Medicine and from his Residency in Primary Care Internal Medicine at the Yale University School of Medicine.
In recent years, Dr. Litwin has taken a more holistic and integrative approach to patient care. This exciting and reinvigorating stage in his career began after a colleague fortuitously introduced him to Functional Medicine. Using the techniques learned through his training with the Institute of Functional Medicine, Dr. Litwin has been able to provide even more effective care for his patients. He now can focus his attention on the prevention of disease through nutrition and lifestyle improvements. He has discovered that he is able to treat his patients much more successfully through searching out and treating the true causes of their conditions rather than by simply prescribing medications to relieve their symptoms. He is, therefore, better able to help those patients for whom conventional medical approaches have helped only marginally or even failed completely.
Dr. Litwin is on the Medical Staff of Danbury Hospital, where he formerly served as Section Chief, Division of Outpatient Medicine. He serves on the Board of Trustees of the Fairfield County Medical Association, and is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians.
Dr. Litwin is certified in the Bredesen Protocol™, fully serving our patients in improving cognition and reversing cognitive decline of SCI, MCI and early Alzheimer’s disease.
- 1992: B.A., Neuroscience; Oberlin College; Oberlin, Ohio
- 1996: M.D. with honors; Hahnemann University School of Medicine; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 1999: Residency in Primary Care Internal Medicine; Yale University School of Medicine; 1999
- 2014: AFMCP (Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice), Institute of Functional Medicine.
- 2015: FACP (Fellow of American College of Physicians)
- Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner (IFMCP)
- Fully certified in the Bredesen Protocol™